Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My most unforgettable trip

On the way to Ralliah dam...

This photo was taken when we were at Conoor last year. It was the most adventurous and the most unforgettable trip in my life! We had just completed our third year of college then. Campus interviews had just got over. We were all very excited about our placements and decided to go out on a trip to enjoy! Ooty being close to Coimbatore was our natural choice.

The month was June and Ooty was drenched with rains. But that could not stop us! My friend Logesh readily agreed to take us in his lovely white Ikon. But sadly Ooty was in floods and we did not get to see much there. But inspite of the rains Conoor entertained us very well. Thanks to Ajoy, who took us to all the hot spots of Conoor!!!

This shot was taken on our way to the Ralliah dam. The road leading to that place literally did not exist! and there were broken trees lying on the way too. It was a great drive to reach that place. It was really really cold in that dam! 

We even went on trekking that day, (my first ever trek!) at a place called Hidden valley! I was having a tough time there, it was not easy atleast for me! But it was all fun and i still remember my fall into the stream then!!! hahaa...

The Hidden valley conquered...! ;) 


The next day we drove to Dodabetta, the highest peak in south India. The weather was stormy and it was raining all the way. It was freezing cold there, something i had never experienced before! It must have been 3 to 4 degree celcius. Had some nice hot 'Capsicum Bajji' there and we quickly got back into the car and drove back to Conoor. We started off to Coimbatore through Kothagiri and Kodanadu the next morning.

The road to Dodabetta...

I started off to write about the first picture. But it went on to be a description of the entire trip! This was the best trip of my life and those three days are really unforgettable :)

13 comments:

Julia Dutta said...

Cars, photography and music....adorable! Just like a 21 year old! Loved your post Freddy and you blog...Thanks very much for dropping by in mine :))))
Julia

Freddy said...

thank u so much!!!!!
do visit often :)

Ash said...

Happy happy times. I can relate to how you feel. I've also taken dozen of roadtrips across India. They were amazing.

Madhav Selvan said...

dei maapi ireally envi u for dis trip nd ur lang of presentation da ... its really awesome nd u cud easily make it to the post of autocar india reporter ... ;) .. keep posting dude ....

Freddy said...

ash,
ya roadtrips are great fun!! this one especially was adventurous too!!!

Freddy said...

madhav,
haha! thanks a lot for commenting da! :)

ramesh sadasivam said...

Hey freddy. Coonoor is my place. My parents are still there. :)

Freddy said...

thats great ramesh! you are so lucky! i really loved Conoor!

Gujako said...

Thanks for ur patronage dude... nice comments at our blog! Read ur profice... M a car fanatic too.. especially the german ones! Seems one can talk nythin under the sun with u! I enjoyed readin ur xperience in this post!

Unknown said...

hey freds.....u've said it all! sweet memories of our trip flushed in as i read ur blog. good work mate, keep it up!

Resonator said...

hey mach...
this post makes me nostalgia too:)(

Maddy said...

Freddy,

You brought back loads of memeories. I used to go with my wife to ralliah dam in bike,as we were living couple of Km away from that place. As you said, the way is bit scary but adventurous. Thanks for bringing my memories of beautiful day

Freddy said...

thanks a lot friends :-) it was indeed the best trip of my life... Those where the sweet college days.. Wonder if i would get all those enjoyment back again...